
I NEED A VACATION!!!! AhAHAAHAHAAHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHH.....phew.. Luckily I can see a great escape in the future- Several beach trips, a beach wedding and MIAMI- Heck yeah baby!! I'm so excited to celebrate my beautiful sister's bachelorette party in Miami!! I've never been and I'm wondering if this is gonna be another city of my dreams- Tropical climate, beautiful beaches, history, Latin culture, ART DECO!! I'm actually scared about the abundant photo ops to come!! hehe
We still have lots of planning ahead so if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE pass them along...I have to be careful sharing too much info, in case she is reading this ... ;)

I found some great vintage shots via flickr today- Some girls in Miami in the 40's...

And one possible venture in Miami will be the nude beach-Yippee! I mean heck why not!? I love finding old pics like these- girls just goofing around like my friends and I would these days. Sometimes you forget your grannies could get down too! :)
5 comments:
I love the vintage photos! I went to Miami a while ago, but we went to a laundromat/drag bar that was pretty awesome.
ooooh that sounds fun and right up our alley! :)
HAHAHAHAH your picture cracks me up your a nutter butter
ahh, fun! So glad to meet another Atlanta graphic designer :) Miami is great, I have been there about 20 times! My grandparent's live there b/c they are Cuban. We loved the Nash Hotel on South Beach, they have a great restaurant, Marks...avoid like the plague the restaurant at the Tides, RIP OFF!!! I paid $40 for a "whole fish" that was a mound of flesh, not even a whole fish, not worth it. Hm....we mostly eat when we go there, if you don't like thumping, and I mean thumping music and broken air conditioners, avoid all boutique hotels on South Beach, they are a rip off! Except may the the Hotel and the apartment place, that actually has little studio apartments as the hotel room. There is a Mariott, go for it, it will be way better than a boutique place, I promise. The lounges there are not owned by the hotel, so if you get a room above the lounge, the music will blast you until 1am, and the hotel can't do anything about it. Anyway, that is my little two things :)
Thanks for the great advice Michelle!!
Post a Comment